An effective discipline approach that helps children learn for the future- instead of pay for the past.
- Helps children feel a sense of connection: Belonging and significance
- Mutually respectful and encouraging: Kind and firm at the same time.
- Effective long – term: Considers what the child is thinking, feeling, learning, and deciding about himself and his world – and what to do in the future to survive or to thrive.
- Teaches important social and life skills. Respect, concern for others, problem solving, communication, and cooperation as well as the skills to contribute to the home, school or larger community.
- Invites children to discover how capable they are. Encourages the constructive use of personal power and autonomy.
Unique to the Positive Discipline Model:
- Teaches adults and students through experiential activities.
- Classroom discipline programs & parent education programs that are consistent. Parents, teachers, and childcare providers can work together to provide a secure, consistent environment for children.
- Inexpensive training and ongoing support.
- Certified trainers across the country who can work with schools and communities..